Beatfish is a music machine.
It has 8 drum channels, two feedback delays and a VCF303 filter. You can drag notes around on the drum machine and there is a scrub bar for scrubbing on the loop as it is being played.
To install, you need:
- Remix from SVN compiled with libsndfile support
- The VCF303 and Feedback Delay LADSPA plugins, part of CMT
- A current version of Evas from Enlightenment CVS. Raster's script get_e.sh is useful for installing this.
Get Beatfish from metadecks SVN by:
svn co http://svn.metadecks.org/beatfish/trunk beatfish
This is a code dump of Beatfish from 2003, updated to build against current libremix and libevas. It does not use jack properly (it was developed before jack_ringbuffer was widely available).
Beatfish is a very small demonstration of what can be done with Remix and Evas. It is around 1000 lines of C code and I wrote it up over a weekend a few years ago. Here's some ideas about the direction beatfish could take:
- use a jack_ringbuffer (see RemixPlans?)
- split the gui and synth code out into two programs, control via OSC
- rewrite as a DSSI
- load/save in hydrogen format
Let's make music machines!